Vibrant Sengkang Town
Sengkang Town is painstakingly planned with a comprehensive range of facilities to meet the needs of current and future residents. These include housing, shops, schools, libraries, sport facilities, community clubs and parks, carefully distributed across to ensure good accessibility.
The areas which Sengkang Town has shown growth potential are in the areas of Amenities, Leisure, Transport, Identity and Economy.
In tandem with the new housing, more amenities will be provided to ensure a comfortable living environment.
- Seletar Mall , next to Fernvale LRT Station, will provide retail, banking, and dining options to residents in the vicinity.
- Sengkang General Hospital and Community Hospital will open in 2018.
Living in Sengkang comes with having green spaces and recreational options within easy reach, including Sengkang Riverside Park and Sengkang Sports Complex. To further improve access to green spaces in Sengkang, several initiatives will be implemented.
- New neighbourhood parks at Rivervale Crescent, Compassvale Walk, Compassvale Lane, Compassvale Box and Jalan Kayu.
- The Round Island Route linking heritage areas in Seletar with the Punggol Promenade through Sengkang Riverside Park, as part of a 150km long island wide recreational corridor.
Travelling within Sengkang and to other parts of Singapore will be faster and more convenient with the following enhancements to the roads and public transport services, including
- Development of a new Bus Interchange at Buangkok MRT Station.
- Widening of the Tampines Expressway (TPE) between Jalan Kayu Flyover and Punggol West Flyover.
- Widening of Fernvale Street(TPE) to connect with Jalan Kayu.
- The Cross-Island Line (CRL), which will also commence operations around 2030, will connect many areas in the North East to eastern and western parts of Singapore.
After endearing itself to generations of Singaporeans with its distinctive charm and roti prata, Jalan Kayu has been designated as an identity node. Sensitive enchancements will be made to provide a better experience while retaining its rustic charm, including
- Environmental improvement works to spruce up the public areas along the shophouses fronting Jalan Kayu.
- Improvements to the link (TPE) between Jalan Kayu and Thanggam LRT Station.
- Conversion of Jalan Kayu Interim Park(TPE) into a permanent park.
Credits: URA MasterPlan